Thursday, March 27, 2008

One Hundred Years from Now

I have already sent this quote to most of you through email but, I wanted to post it just in case I have some unknown readers or in case I missed someone on my contacts list. I was reading one of my books today and came across a quote that sounded familiar to me but, hit me in the right spot today. I know a lot of us go through struggles from time to time that seem like they will never end. Or, you just can't figure out a way to get around them. If you are like me, you become a grumpy person because of these struggles. And at times, I find myself taking it out on the people around me. (Who is around me most? My children). So, the next time I feel frustrated about a situation such as lack of money, or an unexpected bill, or that I live in base housing and the ants are literally coming out of the wood works, or that I have NO clothes in my closet that fit me without showing my rollie pollies, or that my check engine light came on a week after I bought my car (dont worry, it went out)... I will try to think of this quote to help me be a little nicer....

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, or what my clothes looked like. But one hundred years from now the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child." ~Forest E. Witcraft

No comments: