Monday, June 8, 2009

Zumba for Fran

I'm sure everyone knows by now but, for those of you who don't know, my mom was diagnosed with cancer this year. She has been going through chemo and radiation treatments for a few months now. Prior to her getting sick, she was a Zumba instructor at a local women's gym. She LOVED doing it and everyone LOVED taking her classes. Well, she hasn't been able to do it in a while but, her love of Zumba opened up an opportunity for a benefit to be held on her behalf. Fellow 'Zumba people' around the area heard about my mom and asked if they could hold a fundraiser for her. It was held at Calico Jacks Cantina in Pittsburgh and the turnout was INCREDIBLE! I could not believe how many people showed up to support a complete stranger! It was really an honor to be there to see how it touched her and I am so thankful for everyone who supported her.
I also wanted to mention that I posted a donation link to the sidebar for anyone who would like to contribute to help my mom pay for her medical bills. She has lost her job through all of this and has to pay for her own insurance which, can be costly when you can't work. Anything would be appreciated. And if you don't feel comfortable giving a donation to my mom, please, feel free to donate to Relay for Life so that they may find a cure for all types of Cancer. And, if nothing else, I believe a prayer for her would go a long way!! Thank you!!







My mom Fran



me and my mom

A peeping Tom??


Mom helping out with the cool down


Thanks Everyone!

No comments: