Monday, March 10, 2008

What a DAY!

Ok, first, sorry for no pictures. For some reason, it wont let me upload pictures so, you'll just have to check the picasa album tomorrow. Second, sorry for using this as my 'venting' source but, it's a good way to get out my frustrations! I'm only sorry that I dont have any 'good' news!
So, the day started out with a promising outlook... I have a car now, I can go do things.. get things done... So, I decide to go get Tristans social security card started. I get not even a quarter of the way there and Rodney calls me to come back to the base to get the car a safety check so he can go change over the title and registration. Ok, I get to the AutoPort on the base. First, the lady tells me that I need the registration in order to get the safety check. So, I call Rodney, he brings it over. Then, the man takes my keys, comes back and says he can't do the safety check because the front plate wasn't displayed on the front of the car. (Even though it was inside the car). WHATEVER! So, complete waste of my morning. Rodney came and took the car for the rest of the morning and got everything straightened out.
So, he gets back at 1pm. We all decide to go to the gym. I work out for a half an hour and he's still playing basketball when I leave. I got to the store then go up to the MWR office to see about putting the kids in a swim class. All the swim classes were filled (it was the first day of sign-ups), and the only class that was still open takes up Thursday morning. I'm not giving up my Thursday morning group right now! Its keeping me sane! So, thanks, but no thanks.... I get a phone call while I'm there. Its Tony, Rodneys friend. He says.. "Rodney screwed up his knee playing basketball, the ambulance just took him to the hospital" GREAT!!! Are you serious?? So, I take all three kids to the hospital, meanwhile, I'm still gross and sweaty from working out, and we sit in the ER until 6pm. Tony brought Subway for Rodney because he didn't eat anything all day except for a piece of toast with apple butter on it, and the stupid lady at the front desk wouldn't let us take it back to him... first it was, "He's just getting pain meds and then he'll be out because there are no rooms back there.." Then, a half an hour later, our second attempt to get it back there, she says, "He's getting discharged right now, he'll be out in a few minutes." Ok, 20 more minutes go by and I tell Tony that Rodney gets sick to his stomach if he doesn't eat when he's hungry... So, Tony goes up to the lady, hands the bag over and says "Take this back there to him..." She does, finally, and then comes back to tell us that he's been sitting in the pharmacy for about 20 minutes. We could have been back in the pharmacy with him!!!
Anyways, I get him home, he has to sit in the bath because HE'S sweaty from working out, we get him situated with pillows in bed, Tristan is SCREAMING his head off cause he's tired and the poor boy just wants to go to bed, the other two are up my butt for water and I still have to make dinner for everyone! I cooked dinner at 7pm, it is now 830 and the kids are finally in bed, and no, I still haven't showered! I can't wait for this day to be over so.......................................................

No comments: