Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt


Today my good friend Lauren arranged an Easter egg hunt for the kids. She's amazing! I seriously think she deserves the title "Super Woman". She'll be leaving us in a few months and I honestly don't know what we'll all do without her. I have learned that she has been the glue that keeps us all together. When we showed up at the 'hunt' I was blown away with how many people were there! If I knew that many people on this island, this would be a whole different experience! I can say with total confidence that each and every person there is going to miss Lauren when she's gone. Watch out Amy, you're the next to take the reins! haha.
Rodney and I went on a hunt of our own for about two hours before the 'hunt'. We were searching for the plastic Easter eggs to put candy in. We had to have 10 for each kid. However, we could not find a single one! I wasn't aware that plastic Easter eggs were such a necessity on this island! So, when I went to break the news to Lauren that we wouldn't be able to make it, she, of course, was prepared with 50 extra eggs! I am only sorry that we weren't able to hang out longer. I was so overwhelmed with my monster child (Tatum), stepping all over everyones blankets, picking up everyones baskets, not waiting until the actually 'hunt' started before picking up every egg that she could find.. basically, just being herself. Tristan had his sad face on today. I don't know if it was because he was hot, or if he was hungry or tired, or if it was his tooth coming in the wrong place on his gums, that was bothering him. But, I was holding him with one hand, my camera in the other, and Rodney was trying to balance himself on his crutches while holding Finn, and trying to get Rodney Jr. and Tatum to slow down on eating the candy. (Thank you Jen Miller for holding Tristan for me!) We had fun for the time that we were there and of course I'm happy that I got some good pictures of (almost) everyone! Thanks Lauren for putting this together!

Before the hunt started.


Lets see how many I can grab at once..



Haven. Lauren's daughter.


Mine Mine MINE!!!



Rodney finally just threw down his crutches


Kate and Tatum



Jen holding Tristan while I ran around taking pictures.




Ryland. Amy's baby boy.


Ian. Jamie's baby boy.


Owen and Ali. My new friends that live down the street.

No comments: