Monday, March 24, 2008

A Happy Easter




We had a good Easter. We put the kids to bed so early the night before that, I let them color the Easter eggs in the morning. I know, totally nontraditional! They still had fun though so, thats all that matters.
We went and flew kites in the morning for about an hour. They seemed to enjoy that a lot. Rodney Jr. got the hang of it very quickly but Tatum, she was so preoccupied with her necklace that she would let the string go and we'd have to chase after it. When we got home, Wolf met us back at the house and Rodney had hid Easter eggs for the kids, Wolf and I. So, we quickly found the eggs and headed to the beach.
Of course, our spot was taken because we got there too late. So, we tried a new spot outside of the base. It wasn't bad but, it was the first time I saw brown murky water here. I let the kids swim but, didn't go in myself. While we were packing up and taking trips back and forth to the car, a local family invited us to have some of their food. Wolf, of course, grabbed a huge plate right away, (he still has the young guy metabolism), but, Rodney and I were so stuffed from our own food that we really couldn't think of eating another bite. But, we felt obligated so we did anyways. I LOVE the local cooking! I enjoyed it as much as I could being so stuffed!
We came home, put the kids to bed REALLY early, and laid our fat butts down on the couch to watch tv. haha. Sad thing is, we both had a huge bowl of ice cream about two hours later! haha. Definitely going to hit up the gym this week!


Rodney and I at the beach. I look so cute I know!



A cool rock with a tree growing out of it.


Rodney and Tatum swimming with some local kids





The waves at Asan beach were SO HUGE! The biggest waves I've seen so far on the island.



She's something else!

Me looking for my eggs. I REALLY hate this tradition!


Wolf looking for Easter eggs.



The kids finding their eggs.








No comments: