Saturday, February 23, 2008

Plant Life

I took my netflix movies out to the mailbox at 6am this morning and I noticed a nice batch of Plumeria growing on my neighbors bush so I thought I would take a picture of it and share with you some of the common plants we see around here. The pics are a little dark because the sun wasn't quite out yet.

These are Plumeria flowers. Supposedly they smell really good but, I can't smell anything so, I couldn't tell ya! I see these flowers the most around the island.

This is our Papaya tree. They also call it Guava. We've picked a few and gave them to the kids but they really don't like it much. I'm weird about eating anything that grows here. Stupid, I know. Its exactly the same thing I buy at the store. I'm just strange!


This is our banana tree. I'm not sure if you can eat these ones right off the tree or not but, I know some of the trees are eating bananas and some are cooking bananas. We have a eating one in front of our house but, I still can't tell the difference. This one doesn't have the flower anymore but, they grow one big purple flower that hangs down and it reminds me of Seymore on Little Shop of Horrors.

A close up of the bananas.

No comments: