Saturday, April 5, 2008

So far, a good week...

We had a pretty good week so far. I have been feeling a little icky lately so I didn't make it to the gym at all but, thats the only downside to this week for me. Thursday I went to my weekly moms group. We passed around funny stories from our past and had a good laugh. Thursday night Rodney got us some wings... YUM! $.25 wings always makes a good dinner! (I know.. I'm supposed to be dieting but.. one day out of the week isn't bad is it??) Of course, Thursday afternoon, Rodney discovered that his knee wasn't as healed as they say that it is... So, Friday morning he went back to the docs. Although, he didn't get to see a real doc. So, back and forth, back and forth, they finally took an x-ray... the guy taking the x-ray said he thought he saw a chip on Rodney's knee cap, the docs there said they didn't see anything wrong.. the final say goes to the people who actually get paid to read these things so, we'll see. He is back to limited activity. When the ship gets back, he has to go see the medical on there again before they'll let him have an MRI. I'm frustrated, he's even more frustrated I'm sure, and his poor knee is swollen and black and blue again. Cross your fingers that it isn't something serious and that he gets better soon.
Meanwhile, while he was at the docs.. I hung out with my friend Amy. We met up at the NEX and walked around there for a while and she treated us to Micky D's (gonna kick you butt for that Amy...) :c)... and we took the food to a playground and let the kids play for a while. They had a blast and as usual, threw a fit when it was time to go.
On my way out the door on Friday, I checked the mail and we got a package from Rodney's C.O. on the ship. (Thats the highest ranking officer on the ship). It was a baby blanket for Tristan. I thought that it was the sweetest thing and Rodney was so shocked because it was the nicest thing that he's seen the whole time he's been in the Navy. We don't know if the C.O.'s wife made the blanket, or if they ordered the blanket but, we're thinking that it must be a tradition that they have going on because they are new to the ship and no one else we know of has gotten this treat. So, its a nice keepsake for our little "Guam Baby".
Today was our last soccer game for Rodney. (YES!!) We all are ready for a break. He has something called a jamboree next week which, to me, sounds like a tournament... how they expect 3-6 year olds to play mulitiple games of soccer when, they have a hard time getting through 4 short quarters, is beyond me! We feel obligated to go though so, that will wrap up this season of soccer. Next season starts again in September and we will spend the time decided whether or not to put Tatum in.
Tonight I get to have a relaxing night alone while Rodney hangs out at a friends house. I should be working on my photography website and a ton of other things but... I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. Its just nice to have quiet. (Besides Finn fighting his blanket right next to me...)

The three babes, from youngest to oldest... Owen, Tristan, and Ryland. They all are two months apart.

Handsome man.


Being a shy baby..

Crackin' up

Love him!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Niki!!! He is SOOO adorable! I love these pics with his baby blanket!