Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nothing New

Not too much is new. Yesterday we had soccer. The coach called me and told me they were splitting up the teams because there were too many kids so, he asked Rodney to be his assistant coach on Rodney Jr.'s team. So, now I'm back to watching all three kids, even on soccer days, because Rodney has to focus his attention on all of the kids not just Rodney Jr anymore. They are all usually so good on soccer days though. The baby usually has a bottle and sleeps most of the hour and Tatum has her 'colors' that shes only allowed to have on soccer days. We still have at least one moment with Rodney Jr. where he complains about not wanting to play soccer and I tell him he either picks soccer or bed and, he's all better all of a sudden and goes back to kicking the ball around. They also had fun decorating a present for their friend Tyler. His birthday is today. They colored with marker (which I NEVER let them do... Tatum gets more on herself than on what she's coloring), and then they put stickers all over it. Tyler is Amy's son, and if you haven't figured it out yet, Amy is my only friend on this island. She leaves a year before we do and I dont know who I'm going to talk to then. :c(
Today my poor baby Tristan had to get shots. :c( I felt so bad! But I made Rodney go in there with him and stayed with the other two. It just breaks my heart and I can't take it! As soon as we got home he seemed to have a fever already so, I'll have to be watching out for that all day and probably deal with some fussiness. He's doing good though. He weighs 11lbs 9oz. I guess thats normal cause she didn't say anything about him being underweight. But, looks like he's going to need the surgery at 6 months. I could wait longer if I wanted to but she said its the same risks all the way up to a year and any older than that, he'll have a harder time with the pain so, looks like I'm stuck. I'm a nervous wreck about it though. I wish it was me instead of him!
On our way home from the dr.'s I noticed this really neat rainbow in the distance. It seemed like it was vertical strips of rainbows coming down out of the clouds more than an arch of a rainbow. I happened to have the camera with me so I tried to take some shots while I was driving. You can't really see what we saw but it still looks pretty neat sitting on the water. Nothing else is going on today. Its raining so we're pretty much going to be stuck inside all day long. Oh well. Thats Guam for ya! It's either pretty or its not.



The rainbow is sitting on the water behind the tree.

Tristan at the Dr.'s. Poor kid doesn't know he's about to get shots in a few minutes.

Tylers birthday present.


Rodney and Tatum decorating Tylers present.



No comments: