Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rodney's Surgery

First, let me apologize for not writing sooner. It has been a crazy couple of days around here. With preparing the house for the surgery and getting the kids situated and of course, the craziness after the surgery.. I have finally found a moment to update you.
Everything with the surgery went well. Rodney was under for 5 hours but in actual surgery for 4. He had a torn meniscus and his ACL was not there at all. They took some pictures of the inside of his knee and if I get a chance I will add them to this post later. Anyways, they put a wire in his knee and a bio-degradable screw. Basically, it will dissolve in time. The first 24 hours was the worst for Rodney. (and for me) ;c) The pain meds aren't really working for him so sleeping was really out of the question. He can't seem to find a comfortable position in bed and it makes me feel so bad for him. I would not want to be in his position right now!
As for the recovery, he will be home for 21 days and then he will go back to work on light duty. This means that he will NOT be going back to the ship for atleast 90 days. And physical therapy should be starting in about two weeks.
Overall, everything went well and we're just praying for an easy, fast recovery.
As for the rest of us, no real news to report. We're still hoping for a visit from Jonathan and also Amanda in July. I will try to get on later this week and post some new pics of the kids...

No comments: