Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day


Today is Mother's Day for me and although I'm really bummed out that Rodney has duty, I really enjoyed the day that we had yesterday. Rodney let me pick any restaurant that I wanted to eat lunch at. And, we haven't had any Italian food, besides what I've TRIED to cook, since we've been on the island. So, we tried this little pizza shop that everyone's been talking about. The food was fabulous!
After lunch, we went to Underwater World. This was also a first for us. It is an aquarium that is above and around you. The kids had a blast and I was fascinated with the sea turtles. I tried to take some video's but, it was a little too dark. The kids got to touch a shark which I was really proud of Rodney Jr. for doing. He's my not so adventurous one. Tatum had no problem. She stuck her hand right in there and then said "I'm done". No big deal for her. haha. We bought a year pass there so when we have family come in we can split the cost of everyone else who goes. (It's pretty expensive for a one time visit if you're not military or a local). Plus, it gives me something to do with the kids if we're ever bored and have no money. :c)
After our visit with the fishies, we headed for the NEX. I stopped at a furniture store on the way and they sell really neat teak furniture. I wish I could afford to furnish my entire house with teak furniture because I'm just in love with the natural look of it. I promised myself that one day I will spend that $400 to get a tree bench, even if it's the day before our packout to leave the island! They also had a lot of really pretty canvas paintings that I will also have to get since we've seemed to have started a collection of paintings and masks from everywhere we go! At the NEX we bought a few movies for the kids and spent the evening eating leftovers in front of the tv and watching the Bee Movie. 8pm and Rodney and I decided to go to sleep the same time the kids did. He needed the sleep from a very late night the night before but I was exhausted from waking up with Tristan at 4am that morning. We both got to sleep all the way through the night until Tristan woke me up at 4am again and Rodney had to get up to go to duty.
I woke up this morning missing everyone from back home. Every once in a while it really hits me hard that its been a year since I've seen anyone from my side of the family. But, I keep thinking, when everyone is planning on coming to see us that will be our half way mark so, if I can just make it til then, then I should be able to prepare myself for the next year and a half. (Or, I should say a year since the kids and I are planning leaving here a little early to find a house at our next duty station.)
Happy Mother's day to all of you moms and Grandmoms and Godmothers and Aunts. We love and miss you all!
Oh, sorry but I've bombarded you guys with a lot of videos and pictures this time. I have to update my picasa album because I know a lot of you are still looking for pictures from a few events ago. I'll try to do that today!

Rodney Jr. at Vitale's
Tatum finishing off the tomatoes from the bruschetta
Caught him making a funny face
Tristan all stretched out in the stroller.
they looked so amused don't they?
Rodney Jr. didn't want to touch this thing. He laughed when he figured out it was only glass.
Rodney Jr. looking at the fish
Me trying to take a good picture of Rodney and I
Coconut Crab. We have these all over the island. Some of you may have heard of them if you are watching Survivor this season. They call them coconut crabs because they are strong enough to crack open a coconut.. which is not a very easy thing to do! Don't put your fingers near them cause you won't have them for long!






this is a video of Tristan talking and playing on the floor. The floor is his favorite place to play.




This video makes me laugh. I left the camera on the couch to do something and later, I found this video and a bunch of odd pictures. I guess Rodney Jr. was teaching himself how to use the camera. haha.




Tatum eating her tomatoes.

No comments: