Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Good Birthday Weekend

Even though Rodney had duty on my birthday, it still ended up being a pretty good weekend. Friday night we went out to eat at the Hilton with a bunch of friends. Rodney Jr. very clearly and loudly announced at dinner that he had to go poop. When I came back to the table they all started singing to me as loud as they could, which, from that group, would be expected. They also made me a three tier cake of plates of coffee creamers and straws for candles. (Thanks guys). I also treated myself to a 'variety' birthday cake. They seemed to have all my fav deserts.. tirimisu, strawberry shortcake, cheesecake.... I made sure I tried a bit of everything! When we got home, Rodney had the kids surprise me with a bunch of gifts. He definitely spoiled me this year!
Saturday was a pretty relaxed day. I cleaned a little but mostly allowed myself to be lazy. I watched a movie at the kids nap time and the kids were pretty good for the rest of the day. My friend Lauren stopped by to give me a gift which was really sweet. She's leaving the island on Friday for a new duty station. I'm really going to miss her.
Sunday we had a cook out at the beach. The day started off rough with a cranky Tristan and a puppy who seemed to be doing everything he could to put me in a bad mood. But, the day seemed to turn around quite nicely. Here are some pictures of the day.
Thank you to everyone who sent me cards and gifts! It's always nice to get things while we're so far away!
Rodney finally had his MRI on his knee yesterday. We still won't know anything for another three weeks because that is the earliest we could get a follow up appointment. I will keep you updated as I know anything.


All of us swimming. This was a funny moment because we got to the beach before anyone else. When Wolf showed up and saw that we were swimming, he jumped out of the truck and shouted.. "Where's the camera!" as he raced towards my camera bag. I then realized that he didn't even shut the truck door!

My little Guam baby

So sweet

Ok, this is quite disgusting. Rodney Jr is holding a sea cucumber. These things squirt out white stringy stuff that looks like something I will not mention. He thought it was a rock. While I was screaming at him to hurry up and put it down, the guys thought it would be a good camera opportunity and egged him on to keep holding it. (Gross guys)

There will be lots more good pictures in the Picasa album.

No comments: