Saturday, September 13, 2008

Break Your Heart

The 2nd day of the cold.

Poor little Tristan has had a terrible cold for 4 days now. Yesterday, after a long night of listening to him struggle to breathe, we decided to take him to the docs. Of course, they couldn't get him in to Pediatrics so they told me to take him to the ER because there have been a few cases of pneumonia recently. (I know, how do you get pneumonia in this heat!?) So, we took him in, and they did a chest x-ray on him. Rodney Jr. was so upset to see them put Tristan in this contraption that kept him still. It looked like a little torture device and although it probably wasn't comfortable, it looked worse than it actually was. Tristan didn't like it either though. But, you would never be able to tell if you weren't looking at his face because he has no voice.

The x-rays came back clear so after a breathing treatment, they sent him home. I went out and bought a humidifier and vicks plug-ins and put him in his own room for the night. I 'think' he slept through the night, (I would not be able to hear him cry if he woke up), and today he is back to better spirits although, I don't see any improvement with the congestion and the voice. Poor little guy. So, I wanted to share these video's with you so you can see what I've been going through the last few days. He's been breaking my heart!!

the 3rd day of the cold (yesterday)

No comments: