Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Project

I have been waiting for a week to take the kids to the pool but everyday, it has rained. Today, Rodney went fishing bright and early so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take the kids to the pool since it was nice and sunny.... 10 minutes later, it started to rain. It was so dark that I decided that I was just going to go to the store and but some things to let the kids paint. (I needed decorations for Tristan's room.) On the way back, it was bright, beautiful, and sunny again. And stayed that way for the rest of the day. BUT the kids were so excited to paint that, yet again, another nice day was wasted inside. (Almost)
At the craft store I bought some canvas and some paints that matched Tristan's room. I went to the NEX and bought craft aprons for $3 a piece. This is a fun project but, I have to warn you, you can only GUIDE your children to paint what YOU want them to paint. And what I mean is to give them tools that you want them to use. You really have to be ok with letting them do what they want to do from that point on because thanks to a certain elementary school art teacher, I know first hand what it feels like as a child to be 'corrected' on your artwork. So, the project didn't turn out as planned but, still, I hung them up on the walls, the kids had fun, and they are proud.











No comments: